Document Control Coordinator
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Reporting to the Manager, Records & Information Management, this position is responsible for the design, implementation and operation of content management solutions, ensuring they align with Document Control best practices. The incumbent will work in partnership with stakeholders and champion the development of innovative and strategic approaches to enable the achievement of Pengrowth’s strategic vision and long-term goals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with stakeholders to develop, implement and maintain effective electronic records and document management practices
- Planning and coordinating paper record digitization processes
- Monitoring, analyzing, auditing, interpreting, and reporting trends, and making appropriate recommendations to capitalize on opportunities, mitigate risk and resolve issues
- Ensuring conformance to legal, regulatory, and corporate governance and controls requirements (i.e. records retention and privacy legislation, Sarbanes Oxley, corporate policies, financial authorities and stewardship, etc.)
- Building and maintaining relationships with customers, vendors, IS teams, and management
- Supporting the information workflow related to acquisitions and divestments of properties and assets
- Coaching staff on processes, practices, and technologies
- Contributing to the development of strategies, policies, processes, standards, and programs related to the Information Services department’s products and services
- Adhering to the Technical Document Management Standard to ensure control of engineering documents within Pengrowth’s systems
- Developing and delivering training procedures and manuals, and contributing to communication strategy development
- Electronically managing drawings and other technical documents from Pengrowth Engineers and vendors
- Degree or diploma in Business Administration, Records Management, Information Sciences or related
- 7-10 years of records and/or enterprise content management experience
- Oil and gas and engineering experience considered an asset
- Continued courses and independent learning to keep current with document management best practices and technology
- Experience with information application, meta-data, search tools, workflows, controls, and security, as well as extensive experience with Microsoft Excel and related ECM building blocks
The ideal candidate is a well-organized, proactive and customer service-oriented team player who demonstrates exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. This person possesses effective change management, coaching, analytical and problem-solving skills, and is able to develop strong working relationships with all levels of an organization. A solid base in project management is required, as are effective time management and negotiation skills. This role requires strong knowledge of the applications, capabilities and limitations of electronic content management technologies, as well as a strong understanding of Document Control standards, practices, principles, and regulatory rules.
Pengrowth offers a rewarding work environment, competitive compensation, a performance based bonus plan, and a long term incentive plan.
We thank applicants for their interest in Pengrowth; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.