General Accounting Administrator- ONE YEAR CONTRACT POSITION
The successful candidate will report to the Manager, General Accounting and have a minimum of 7 - 10 years accounts payable administrative experience, preferably in an oil and gas company.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical accounting support to team;
- Maintain workflow of invoicing;
- Data entry into accounting system (Qbyte FM);
- Electronic invoicing (ADP OpenInvoice);
- Analyzing Invoices;
- Verifying data entry & validating invoice imaging;
- Review vouchers for posting
- Responding to vendor queries and preparing vendor correspondence;
- Cheque/EFT Runs
- Training new team members
- Reporting and analysis of data;
- Reconciling vendor accounts, journal entries and spreadsheets;
- Other related accounting duties as assigned
The ideal candidates will be an independent worker who also works well in a team environment, can adapt to changing priorities, is well organized, and demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Strong computer skills with knowledge of Qbyte FM & ADP OpenInvoice, or a similar accounting software package are required. Preference will be given to candidates with post secondary education in accounting or business.
Pengrowth offers a rewarding work environment, competitive compensation, a performance based bonus plan, long term incentive program and a generous matched savings plan.
We thank applicants for their interest in Pengrowth; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.