Location: Lindbergh (near Bonnyville, Alberta)
Reporting to the Maintenance Foreman, the Journeyman Electrician will be responsible for performing a variety of electrical tasks at Pengrowth’s Lindbergh Operation.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Day to day electrical and control system maintenance.
- Diagnosing and resolving electrical and control problems in an operating facility using electronic testing devices.
- Installing, replacing, rebuilding or repairing electrical components such as motors, starters, contactors, VFD drives, lighting, power and control components.
- Working in a team environment, providing support as required to operations and other maintenance groups.
- Performing scheduled preventative maintenance work and completing test and maintenance reports.
- Reading and interpreting instruction manuals, blueprints and control system drawings.
- Completing all written and electronic records required to document work that is in progress and completed such as work orders, inspection reports and material requests.
- Participating in failure analysis discussions.
- Adhering to safe work practices at all times.
- Valid Interprovincial (Red Seal) Electrician or Alberta Journeyman Electrician Certificate.
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience in an industrial facility, preferably SAGD, heavy oil or pulp & paper industry.
- Valid Alberta Class 5 driver’s license (or equivalent) required.
- High Voltage experience an asset.
- Experience with installations involving multiple voltage sources including high, medium, and low voltage AC, DC, VFD drives and associated switchgear.
- Experience with Emerson Delta V DCS, Allen-Bradley Controllogix beneficial.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, technical and communication skills.
- Sound understanding of maintenance/operations as it relates to the safe and efficient production of bitumen.
- Instrumentation experience would be considered an asset, dual ticket status would be acknowledged.
- Work will be performed in a variety of different environments both indoor and outdoor.
- Operations camp will be provided for non-resident employees.
- 7-7 rotation schedule.
- After hours and/or emergency callouts to be expected.
Pengrowth offers a rewarding work environment with competitive compensation and benefits.
We thank applicants for their interest in Pengrowth; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.