Location: Judy Creek (Swan Hills, AB)
Based out of the Judy Creek Production Complex and reporting to the Maintenance Foreman, the Journeyman Electrician will be responsible for performing a variety of electrical tasks at Pengrowth’s Judy Creek Operations.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing day-to-day electrical and control system maintenance.
- Providing start up and troubleshooting support for submersible pumps and pump jacks on area producing wells.
- Diagnosing and resolving electrical and control problems in an operating facility using electronic testing devices.
- Installing, replacing, rebuilding or repairing electrical components such as motors, starters, contactors, VFD drives, lighting, power, and control components.
- Performing scheduled preventative maintenance work and completing test and maintenance reports (ESD checks, MCC inspections, UPS checks, Lighting & Heating PM).
- Reading and interpreting instruction manuals, blueprints and control system drawings.
- Completing all written and electronic records required to document work that is in progress and completed, such as work orders, inspection reports and material requests.
- Participating in failure analysis discussions.
- Providing support to Operations and other maintenance groups as required.
- Adhering to safe work practices at all times.
- Supporting the Judy Creek Production Complex facility and associated field, as well as providing support to the Carson Creek, Judy Creek Gas Plant and Gas Gathering as required.
- Work must be performed in a variety of different environments, both indoor and outdoor.
- After-hours and/or emergency callouts are to be expected.
- Participation in the weekend maintenance coverage rotation is required.
- Schedule is 4/3 and 5/2 (Monday-Thursday 9 hours, Friday 8 hours with every second Friday off)
- Transportation to/from the facility will be provided.
- Alberta Journeyman Electrician Certificate or valid Interprovincial (Red Seal) Electrician.
- Instrumentation certificate would be considered an asset; dual ticket status would be acknowledged.
- Valid Class 5 Alberta driver’s license (or equivalent) .
- At least 5 years of related work experience in the oil field supporting artificial lift equipment.
- Experience with installations involving multiple voltage sources, including medium and low voltage AC, DC, VFD drives and associated switchgears.
- Experience with ABB Bailey DCS and Allen-Bradley (Compact Logix, Control Logix, SLC, PLC 5, and Micro logic PLC) hardware would be an asset.
The successful candidate will be a team player who demonstrates excellent interpersonal, technical, and communication skills. A sound understanding of maintenance/operations as they relate to the safe and efficient production from a water flood oil field utilizing submersible pumps and rod pumps as artificial lift equipment is required.
Pengrowth offers a rewarding work environment, competitive compensation, a performance based bonus plan, and long term incentive plan.
We thank applicants for their interest in Pengrowth; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.