Location: Judy Creek (Whitecourt/Swan Hills, Alberta)
Based out of the Judy Creek Gas Plant and reporting to the Mechanical Team Lead, the Journeyman Millwright will be responsible for completing a variety of mechanical tasks. This role supports the Judy Creek Gas Plant and Production Complex, Carson Creek, Deer Mountain, and other associated fields as required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing day-to-day mechanical maintenance
- Providing troubleshooting support on various process production related equipment
- Performing disassembly and reassembly, inspections, repairs, and overhauls of compressors, pumps, fans, engines, and gas turbines
- Providing training support to area Apprentices through the Training and Competency Program
- Completing EAM maintenance management documentation
- Documenting all work in progress and all completed work (such as work orders, inspection reports and materials requests)
- Performing scheduled preventative maintenance work
- Participating in failure analysis discussions
- Providing support to Operations, Engineering and Trades groups as required
- Working with Rotating Equipment Specialist to investigate equipment issues
- Contributing to a safe work environment and adhering to safe work practices at all times
- Alberta Millwright Certificate or valid Interprovincial (Red Seal) Millwright
- Minimum 5 years’ related experience in oil & gas
- Valid class 5 Alberta driver’s license (or equivalent)
- Turbine experience would be considered an asset
The ideal candidate is a strong team player who demonstrates exceptional interpersonal, technical and communication skills, as well as strong computer skills. This role requires a sound understanding of how maintenance and operations relate to the safe and efficient operation of the gas plant.
Pengrowth offers a rewarding work environment, competitive compensation, a performance based bonus plan, and a long term incentive plan.
We thank applicants for their interest in Pengrowth; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.