Pipeline Asset Integrity Coordinator (Carson Creek)
Location: Carson Creek (Swan Hills/Whitecourt, Alberta)
This position is based out of Pengrowth’s Carson Creek field location, which is located near Whitecourt and Swan Hills, Alberta.
Reporting to the Team Lead, Pipeline Asset Integrity, this position is responsible for the continuous enhancement of the company’s Pipeline Integrity Management Systems and the reduction of overall pipeline risk.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding of and ability to follow Pengrowth’s Corporate Pipeline integrity management systems including the Pipeline Integrity Management System (PIMS) and the Pipeline Operations Maintenance Manual (POMM)
- Supporting and contributing to the pipeline integrity team key deliverables, including the annual Pipeline Risk Assessments, and the integrity budgets
- Identifying pipeline risks as they are referenced in CSA, as well determining activities to reduce risk to as low as reasonably practical
- Providing integrity activities for all types of pipeline materials as well as varied production and operational parameters
- Executing various integrity activities such as In Line Inspections, dig programs, internal and external corrosion prevention activities
- Working closely with Operations to develop the integrity project list for the following year
- Participating in pipeline failure investigations
- Communicating consistently with Operations and collaborating as required on projects
- 7- 10 years of relevant industry experience
- NACE Internal Corrosion Technologist or Corrosion Technologist certification would be considered an asset
- Sound understanding of both AER and BC OGC pipeline regulatory requirements is required
- Class 5 driver’s license (or equivalent) and clean driving record
- Previous experience working in the field is required
- Familiar with all relevant Directives, Bulletins and Informational Letters
- Knowledge of relevant pipeline design codes, including CSA Z662 and associated annexes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- NACE Basic Corrosion, Cathodic Protection and Internal Corrosion for Pipelines courses would be considered an asset
- Previous experience/knowledge related to pipeline failure incident investigations would be considered an asset
Pengrowth offers a rewarding work environment with competitive compensation and benefits.
We thank applicants for their interest in Pengrowth; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.