Senior Human Resources Business Partner (13-Month Term)
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources, the Senior Human Resources Business Partner will act as an internal consultant and a strategic partner with senior business leaders. This role will provide support and advice on leadership, employee workforce planning, performance management, people management, succession planning, and organizational development initiatives.
The successful candidate will possess strong business acumen and a keen understanding of key business drivers. The incumbent should be able to draw upon a strong foundation of human resources and organizational development methodologies while being able to customize fit for purpose solutions for their client groups.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working across the business to lead and implement change at a strategic level.
- Building relationships with all levels of leadership to effectively influence decisions while demonstrating the impact best people practices can have on achieving business goals.
- Providing guidance and direction to client groups regarding organizational design, recruitment, succession planning, talent management, goal alignment, organizational development, and employee communication and engagement.
- Building organizational capability and bench strength, and ensuring the right people are in the right jobs.
- Working with leaders to drive performance management and initiate positive changes in people management.
- Supporting and updating departments on all human resources and employee relations matters.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to quickly build effective relationships and credibility at all levels of the organization by delivering on commitments and developing practical solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to work well under pressure, manage multiple priorities and collaborate within a small team environment.
- A record of delivering creative solutions to business challenges along with experience in change management and organizational design.
- Insistence on process excellence and a strong customer focus.
- Demonstrated strength as a human resources generalist with strong business acumen and knowledge of best practices and relevant legislation.
- An effective communicator who can effectively build consensus around complex issues.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Keen attention to detail and great organizational skills.
- Degree or diploma in Human Resources or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Human Resources Business Partner role.
- CHRP designation is considered an asset.
Please note that this position is a temporary role to provide maternity leave coverage.
Pengrowth offers a rewarding work environment with competitive compensation and benefits.
We thank applicants for their interest in Pengrowth; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.