Back to Our Stories
6 March 2014

Phoenix Youth

community phoenixyouth2

Phoenix Youth is a non-profit, community based organization located in Halifax, Nova Scotia.  They recognize the value and importance of young adults, and offer at-risk and homeless youth (ages 12 – 24) the opportunity to break the cycle of homelessness and find a better path.

There are a number of streams within the Phoenix Youth program, including a walk-in centre focused on counselling, community resources and crisis intervention; a 10-bed long-term residence where youth can develop their life skills and independence; and on-site health care and assessments.

Thanks to donors like Pengrowth, Phoenix is able to offer their services free of charge to participants and their families.

“There is one thing that has stayed the same in whichever Phoenix program I have been in and that is the caring staff and supporters.  They all care in their own way -- they want to help youth through their troubled times so that they can get to the times of celebration.  Phoenix has built me back up from a place of hopelessness and turned me into a person that I am now proud to be.”
~ Kayla, a Phoenix Youth

For more information, visit www.phoenixyouth.ca